PROGRAM OFFICER FOR THE STEINHARDT FOUNDATION FOR JEWISH LIFE
The Steinhardt Foundation for Jewish Life was founded in 1994 by Michael H. Steinhardt to strengthen and transform American Jewish life so that it might flourish in a fully integrated, free society. Our philanthropy seeks to revitalize Jewish identity through educational and cultural initiatives that reach out to all Jews, with an emphasis on those who are on the margins of Jewish life, as well as to advocate for and support Hebrew and Jewish literacy among the general population.
The Program Officer will work in the areas of Jewish, Hebrew, and Israel education program development for both The Steinhardt Foundation for Jewish Life and the Areivim Philanthropic Group (a consortium of philanthropists), which the Foundation staffs. The Program Officer will be involved with strategic planning of new program initiatives and the oversight of program implementation by grantees. S/he will work on new cutting-edge experimental programs in Hebrew language and Israel engagement in North America. S/he will be an important member of a small program development team working on some of the most innovative projects in Jewish education. The position is New York-based.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Needed:
- 3-5 years of experience working in program development in the Jewish engagement and /or educational areas.
- Master’s degree in Jewish education, non-profit management, or communal services a plus.
- Experience in the area of Strategic Planning of new programs and initiatives.
- Proven ability to plan and implement programming that engages those previously under-involved in Jewish life and learning.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Passion for and proficiency in Modern Hebrew a plus.
- Solid judgment; critical thinking skills; a sense of teamwork and community.
- Experience analyzing programmatic impact and effectiveness.
To download a PDF copy of this job description, click here: Steinhardt Foundation Program Officer Job Description
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to: Jobs@Steinhardtfoundation.org